Shrimp served in a lemony, garlicky and buttery sauce over a bed of light and fresh zucchini noodles, a lighter take on shrimp scampi.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound (16-24) shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into noodles
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Heat the oil and melt the butter in a pan over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp, cook for 2 minutes, flip, add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for 1 more minute before setting the shrimp aside.
- Add the white wine and lemon juice to the pan, simmer for 2 minutes, add the zucchini noodles and cook until just tender, about 2 minutes, before seasoning with salt and pepper, adding the shrimp, lemon zest and parsley, tossing everything and removing from the heat.
Taken from: http://www.closetcooking.com/2015/02/shrimp-scampi-with-zucchini-noodles.html