- For the marinade:
- 3 red chillis, seeded and roughly chopped
- 2 tbs ground allspice, toasted in a dry pan
- 1 cup finely diced spring onion
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tbs finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tbs finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tbs white wine vinegar
- Grated zest and juice of 2 limes
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 6 chicken drumsticks and 6 chicken thighs (leave the skin on)
- For serving:
- Sea salt
- Juice of 3 limes
- Put all of the marinade ingredients except for the chicken pieces into a food processor and blend together to a paste.
- Put the chicken into a dish and pour the paste over, making sure the chicken is coated all over. Leave in the fridge for at least 12 hours to get the best flavored result.
- Heat your BBQ or chargrill to a medium to high heat. Season the marinated chicken portions with salt and place on the BBQ until cooked through. The jerk chicken will look quite charred when cooked, which is the desired result.
- When cooked, squeeze the fresh lime juice over before serving.
Reposted from: http://www.yummly.co/#recipe/Jerk-Chicken-1870785